• April 25Teacher Walk Out Starts Thursday

• April 4AZ Merit testing this Tues, Wed, and Thursday

• March 28A "RED FOR ED" protest was held in front of HHS this morning by staff and teachers.

NFL Draft 2018

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2018/03/22/nfl-mock-draft-2018-asu-football-player-projections-kalen-ballage-sam-jones-christian-sam-z/447481002/

Brody Cameron, Staff

The NFL Draft 2018 in Arlington, Texas is what decides which top athletes from college, like Josh Jackson, Saquon Barkley, Sam Darnold, and Josh Rosen, end up playing for their professional careers. For many of these athletes it’s a childhood dream come true that most people couldn’t even begin to imagine.

One of the biggest stories of this Draft is who will the Cleveland Browns draft first. Will they go with quarterback Josh Allen from Wyoming or USC’s Sam Darnold? Or will they gamble and take Penn State running back Saquon Barkley as the first pick of the 2018 Draft and try to get a quarterback for their second pick?

No one has a definitive answer. So that’s why I asked some fellow Highland students their thoughts on the situation.

The first person I questioned was Aidan Kurth, a casual NFL fan. “Knowing the Browns, they will probably try to get Saquon Barkley first and end up with a not so good quarter, which they really need.” I then asked him if he thought this would be the right choice for the Browns, for which he replied with a firm “No”.

The next Highlander I asked was Jordan Odle, who is a fan of the Cardinals. I asked him how he thought the Cardinals would fare this upcoming season, and his response was, “I think with the addition of Sam Bradford we will improve. That is, if he can stay healthy.”

What are your thoughts on the NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns situation, the Cardinals next season, or anything else NFL related? Comment down below!