• October 5Boys Bathrooms Shutdown Due to Vandalism by Students and Vaping After Fall Break

• September 26Fall Break Starts After a Half Day on October 5th and School is Back in Session on October 16th

• September 26You Can Now Download the Highland Sun App on Your Phone

Student’s thoughts on more SRO’s

Megan Dietz, Staff

School Resource Officers (SRO’s) are very important in school all across the country. Their duty is to keep all of the students on campus safe and to regulate any suspicious behavior.’

School shootings have become very prominent lately, increasing the work of the SRO’s.

Many people have suggested the idea of having more officers present in the schools due to these recurring events.

When asked whether or not more school resource officers should be provided, Riley Ecenbarger (10th grader) said, “I think that they should because I think the students should be safer and have a safer environment.”

Riley also pointed out how just having one officer on campus could be an issue if the emergency was across campus. Fast and efficient help is needed in every school, and more school resource officers could provide that.

When asked how many more school resource officers should be added, Riley said, “Possibly two to three, I think that would be fair.” She said that police departments should have more people in training so that a shortage doesn’t occur in other areas of the Police workforce.