Friday Night Lights are Back On

HAWKS VS. JAGUARS VARSITY FOOTBALL

Photo+credit+Ella+McDowell%0A%0AThe+crowd+enjoys+themselves+at+the+first+football+game+of+the+season.+

Photo credit Ella McDowell The crowd enjoys themselves at the first football game of the season.

Ella McDowell, Reporter

On Friday, September 3rd, everyone came together for a memorable experience as the Friday night lights were back on at Highland. The Hawks played Boulder Creek in the first home game of the season. The Hawks played a fantastic game and there was lots of school spirit coming from the sidelines.  The student section cheered them on, while the marching band and color guard performed incredibly during halftime, along with the dances and cheers coming from pom and cheer.  

The Hawks defeated the Jaguars by a count of 43-22.  They did a great job with special thanks to Gage Dayley (12, #12), Steven Trujillo (12, #44), and Tautua Pauga (12, #43).  Gage Dayley (12, #12) made a 12-yard run, Steven Trujillo (12, #44) caught a 31-yard touchdown and a 21-yard pass from Gage Dayley (12, #12), and Tautua Pauga (12, #43) made a 46-yard reception.  They all worked extra hard to aid the Hawks in victory.

“It was like one of those moments where you think back to a time and you are really happy about it,” said Maggie Chapman (9), color guard member and student at HHS.  “When all the football players ran onto the field with flags, watching everyone so hyped up and happy, it changes your perspective for the better and fills you with joy.”