Gracie Fife: FCCLA Winner

Gracie Fife (center) and her teammates proudly show off their win.

Madelyn Armstrong, Reporter

HHS/EVIT student Gracie Fife made history.

Gracie is a junior at Highland and a first-year student in the fashion program at EVIT. On behalf of the EVIT program, Gracie and her two teammates (Brenna Gentner, Hamilton High School and Brenlee Webb, Higley High School) attended the  FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America) State Leadership Conference in Tucson.

Gracie’s team competed in the competition “Event management”. They used this event to focus on their annual spring fashion show (specifically the coordination of models, collection merchandising, and backstage activities). The fashion show was held at EVIT this April 21, 2022. Gracie and her team not only received gold medals for this event, along with qualifying for Nationals (which takes place this upcoming summer) but they were also awarded $5,000/year renewable scholarships to attend FIDM(Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising).

Gracie and her teammates had lots of fun at this competition and are so excited to compete in nationals this summer. “When we went to Tucson for the competition it was literally awesome we had the best experience ever, before the presentation we worked all night so it was really cool and surprising that we won and that we’re going to nationals” said Fife.