Be Like Dade

Dade+Meadows+is+junior+at+HHS+and+he%27s+doing+the+animations+for+Ferdinand+the+Bull.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Be Like Dade

Dade Meadows is junior at HHS and he's doing the animations for Ferdinand the Bull.

Alexia SanMarco

Dade Meadows, a junior, is an inspiring artist whose wish came true when Fox Animation reached out to him about his amazing sculptural work that he recently started this year. Dade had started creating this type of sculpture he calls “egghead toys”. These sculptures are recreations of popular animated characters that many of us love. Fox Animation wants Dade to help with the clay sculptures for the new movie Ferdinand.

Ferdinand is about a loving bull who’s not like the rest. He’s very gentle, loves nature and can be frightened by the smallest things such as little cute animals like cats, dogs, any little bug, and more. Ferdinand lives with his best friend, Nia, and her father, but Ferdinand is taken away from his family and trained to be a fighter. Ferdinand wants to show others that bulls are friendly creatures, and he wants to show the beauty of the world instead of fighting and to be reconnected with his best friend.

Dade is able to relate to Ferdinand because of his physical features and how he just wants to show his inner beauty, which is revealed through his creativity and art. Many  would feel honored or excited, but Dade feels motivated and inspired to do his best and to help create this art for others and himself.  He wants to show that people can achieve their goals and do the things they love. He wants to give confidence to others who have the potential and the talent to show beauty through art and creativity.

“If you’re shy, if you’re not ready, take your time. Take some deep breaths. When you feel the need and ready, when you feel the push, just let it out.” said Meadows.

Many of us are scared to do what we love, our passions, because of what others might think of us. “I feel in my heart, that you should not care about the negative [vibes], only care about positive [vibes]. No matter what happens, if they give a negative [vibe], just ignore. Listen to positive ones.”

Dade believes that one should not stop what they love for others because of their thoughts and opinions; one should keep doing their passion for themselves and not others. Many have had times where others have told us to stop doing something we loved. We either listened or kept fighting for what we love, whether that’s dancing, painting, singing or anything that makes one happy.

Dade ignored those who were envious of him and listened to those who encouraged him to keep doing what he loved. Dade is a lot like many of us, but stands for what he loves. We must be like Dade. Take that next step of pursuing what we love no matter what others say.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Be Like Dade”

1. chance on October 26th, 2018 8:15 AM

good job dade its chance Lopez

2. chance on October 26th, 2018 8:15 AM

good job dade

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Be Like Dade

Features

Winter

• Be Like Dade

Features

Sk8 Club

• Be Like Dade

Features

Wishes for Teachers

• Be Like Dade

Features

Seminary on Campus

• Be Like Dade

Features

Success “Blum”s at Highland

• Features

What is EVIT?

• Features

One in a Million

• Features

Meet Norah

• Be Like Dade

Features

Tackling Redemption

• Be Like Dade

Features

Winter

The Student News Site of Highland High School
Be Like Dade